On 1st and 2nd of October the Great National Assembly Square will host the biggest event of Moldavian winemakers – the 15th National Wine Day.
In these two days connoisseurs, lovers and manufacturers of wine will gather along with citizens and foreign guests to praise the national pride – wine of Moldova. A legend alive. The catchphrase of the event would be: “Human is the spirit of wine”. It means that all those people, who sacrificed many years of hard work to the ultimate symbol of Moldova, are actually its soul.
So let us meet at this common celebration to rediscover wine of Moldova. In the course of these days, filled with interactive infotainment, we’ll manage to do a lot: to value and appreciate the nuances of quality wines in the School of Wine, to learn about ancient traditions of winemaking in our country, to meet in person Moldavian legends – the people, who work so devotedly to create the wines.
As always, the event will be hosted by the national brand “Wine Of Moldova”, that brought together all the winemakers from around the country for one purpose – develop local wine culture and take over new consumption markets.
The main elements of the events are already beloved by our guests, so they will be recreated this year for the National Wine Day 2016:
1. Tasting of over 400 wines – more than 40 big and small productions of wines and divines unite under a common brand „Wine Of Moldova”, in order to let you taste and buy the best of their goods. Young wines of 2015, collection and reserved wines, revolutionary blends – all of that and beyond will be presented on the event. The guests will get classical wine glasses, so anyone could fully enjoy the fragrance of Moldavian wines.
2. Adventure Time On Wine Route – touristic Info Point on the event will provide the guests with exclusive tours: right from the heart of the capitol to the very cradle of Moldavian wines. Wine factories and wineries, underground galleries, cellars, tasting halls and even hotels. Wineries will welcome visitors with special programs, allow you to reveal some of the deepest wine secrets and even taste the mystery.
3. School of Wine – obviously, the brightest gem of the event. Guests will be able to visit lectures and courses with professional sommeliers, who, in their turn, will try to explain every elegant detail. The school will provide a large range of „wine” knowledge: starting with the basics of tasting to the heights of tasting that bares that very soul of the wine we’ve already mentioned. All the guests will get a participant’s certificate that will confirm the progress.
4. A Grand Concert For Everyone – there would be two full days of performances by the greatest local singers, in various music genres. This year would be the year of participation for ensembles, orchestras and folk bands from all three winemaking regions of Moldova: Traian, Codru and Stefan-Voda.
5. Traditional Cuisine – of course any visitor will have a chance to treat oneself with the best authentic dishes, including mamaliga, placintas and meat. All of that right on the Square, before the eyes of the guests, cooked and smelling delicious, accompanied with Moldavian wine.
6. Crafts’ Fair – an exhibition of traditional Moldavian art, inspired by wine and winemaking. Many of the exhibits will be made out of vines or even wine itself.
The National Wine Day has managed to become the number one event of Moldavian tradition, and is deeply loved both by locals and by the foreign guests. Wine and vine will be everywhere in those two days – traditional exhibits, art, music, crafts, cuisine, etc. This celebration is a major event for the whole country. Thousands of people within and beyond the border of Moldova strive to participate. Dozens of journalists and bloggers come specifically to report this celebration.
We’ll be enchanted to see you on 1st and 2nd of October, 2016, at the Great National Assembly Square, at the biggest celebration of Moldavian authenticity and unique cultural show.
National Wine Day returns to the Great National Assembly Square in on October 5th and 6th, 2013 with a revised concept. This year the organizers are bringing the audience closer to the wine producers through professional wine tastings, visits to the vineyards and special moments dedicated to the culture of wine, arts and gastronomy.
Более ста тысяч гостей Молдавского Национального дня вина, в том числе многочисленные зарубежные туристы, могли ближе познакомиться с молдавским вином.
In perioada desfașurarii Zilei Naționale a Vinului, 30 septembrie – 06 octombrie 2013, conform datelor Departamentului Politiei de Frontiera din cadrul Ministerului Afacerilor Interne, Republica Moldova a fost vizitata de 41.364 persoane.
2014-2016 © Wine of Moldova. All rights reserved.